How to Connect a PS3 to a Computer | Connecting PlayStation 3 to Computer | askjoker
The Sony PS3 PlayStation 3 game console is incredibly popular with video game lovers. In addition to its live gaming function, the console is able to play media files, for example, video and music as well as online. If there are many more suitable tools for this ultimate function, then the console is a pleasure to use for games and movies. The only feature that can confuse anyone is the need to connect to an external monitor.
How to Connect PlayStation 3 to a Computer
This is great if you already have an LCD or plasma TV at home, which would be a great option, as the quality of the image displayed will allow you to fully enjoy all the achievements of the gaming industry. But what if there is only one computer, but it is also ineffective to buy a TV or just can't afford it?
No worries, because the PS3 is very easy to connect to a computer. Depending on what you want to achieve, this can be done in many ways. In this context, we'll take a closer look at each of them and learn how to connect a PlayStation 3 to a PC via cable connection and Wi-Fi.
Special step to connect a PlayStation 3 to a computer
The simplest way is usually no different than connecting to a regular TV. Use a computer monitor if your only job is to output a video signal to an external monitor while you don't want to buy a new TV or you don't have space to keep it. To do this, use the HDMI interface.
Buy an HDMI cable that you can use to connect the PS3 to the monitor. If you already connect the computer to the screen with this cable, you can use the existing one, but then you will need to reconnect it to the console socket each time, then to the computer system unit.
Plug one end of the cable into the HDMI output on the game console, and the other end into the HDMI input on the monitor.
PS3 - Connect via HDMI cable
If there is only one HDMI connection used, you'll immediately see the PlayStation 3 menu on the screen. If there are multiple HDMI connectors on the monitor and one of them is already in use, select HDMI 2 as the input source in the monitor settings. Switch between these sources. You can use both computer and console at the same time.
This will help prevent quality damage, and you won't even need to add an external speaker if the monitor has built-in speakers.
- The first thing you need to do is connect the game console to the internet. If you are using a router, this can be done via WLAN or a network cable. If you choose the second option, plug one end of the cable into the console slot and the other into one of the router's LAN sockets, which are mostly yellow in color.
- On the PlayStation 3, go to the "Settings" menu, select "Network Settings", enable "Connect to the Internet" and then click "Settings to connect to the Internet".
- Select the setting method "Simple" and then the connection method "Wired connection" or "Wireless". If your router is configured to automatically distribute IP addresses, choose Scan. If each device has its own address, select "Manual". We recommend that you withhold the first version to reduce the risk of accidentally entering the numbers.
- Next, select the access point and enter the password. We have made the original settings, click the cross to save the settings, and then click on "Test connection". After a few seconds, everything is ready.
- Now that we need to remotely connect to our console, we need to find out what network settings the console is getting from the router. Return to the Network Settings section and go to the Settings List and Connection Status menu. Here we see the IP address, mask, gateway, and DNS server. We rewrite this data because we have to work on the PC. Note that the IP address can change if several devices are connected to your network, e.g. B. smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.
- Next, you need to enable the FTP server function on the game console. Since this is a non-standard feature, you will need hacked firmware to implement it. The editors of the website are against such malfunctions in the equipment. So leave it at your discretion.
- After enabling FTP, we run the FileZilla program on the computer, enter the console's IP address and click on "Quick Connect.
- There is a connection, after which you can view the PS3 file system as a folder and substation. To work, you need an internal or external hard drive. The internal hard drive is located in the dev_hdd0 folder, and the external hard drive is dev_usb001.
- Transfer some files from the console's hard disk to the computer or vice versa. This can be done with a simple drag, and the transfer speed will depend on the size of the file. Files transferred in this way can be found in the computer file system or in the relevant parts of the previous Sony PS3.
Depending on what you want to achieve as a result, you can connect the PS3 game console to your computer via a wired or wireless network to output the video signal or manage the device file system. Huh. If you weren't sure if you could connect these two devices, now you know how to do it. We hope all the information has been useful to you and if the questions remain open, please write them in the comments.
Read More: What is Software Maintenance?